The current Listserv version is 1.8e. There are two versions
-- Listserv Classic, and Listserv Lite:
- The Classic version has full functionality.
- The Lite version has basic functionality, and includes a free version
for support of up to 10 lists with a maximum of 500 users each.
The key design feature of Listserv is that all Listserv servers
are integrated, and communicate with each other across the Internet.
This has three useful consequences:
- Any Listserv server can accept a subscription command (as well
as several other commands) for any Listserv list on the Internet,
that receives the command will find the server that the list is actually
on and forward your request appropriately if required.
- You can administer and configure a Listserv list server from anywhere
on the Internet.
- There is a central web interface for searching all Listserv lists
in the world as described in finding