Majordomo is modularly constructed, and interfaces with standard email utilities.
Majordomo was developed on Unix in
programming language for Unix computers. Because the Perl language is compact,
feature rich, and flexible,
majordomo software is easily customizable. There are earlier versions ported
to other operating systems, but they are not known to be robust or stable, and
Majordomo has a well constructed modular design which separates the
mailing list functionality from the email functionality. It consists
of a set of configuration scripts that implement all of the mailing
list features, and includes interfaces to standard email utilities
email functions. Therefore, the development of majordomo concentrates
on the core mailing list functionality, and leaves developments in
technology to others.
Other features of majordomo include:
- Support for moderated lists.
- Options are set through a configuration file, and can be edited
- Support for archives and remote message retrieval.
- Support for FTPMAIL functions.
- Provides subscription confirmation support to guard against forged